The competitive Blazing Stars (B) program focuses on the development of skills that are required to advance through the Provincial Stream Program which has been developed by Rhythmic Gymnastics Canada (RGC). The competitive classes are structured so that the athletes learn basic rhythmic gymnastics body technique, fundamental apparatus technique, dance preparation and choreography of age appropriate routines. Emphasis is placed on flexibility, strength, grace and expression with a strong physical and mental preparation component. Athletes compete in specific categories based on their age and their learning progression. Apparatus for Provincial levels are rope, hoop, ball, clubs and ribbon.
Athletes in this program must train a minimum of 7 hours per week.
See Training schedule.
1. NS Provincial Championships 2019 – TBC (local)
2. Atlantic Championships 2019 – Fredericton, NB – March 29-31
3. Illusions Invitational 2019 – TBC (local)
4. York Stars Invitational 2019 – York, ON – May 25-26
5. All athletes must commit to a minimum of 2-3 demonstrations over the course of the season (Nov-May).
For more information please contact the Technical Director (Julie Jeffery) at TechnicalDirector@illusionsgymnastics.com